Що таке Reason?
Note: Reason can be translated back and forth to OCaml using
refmt. Anything possible in Reason is also possible with OCaml and vice versa.
Why Use Reason?
The powerful typesystem underlying Reason will reduce bugs, increase maintainability, and improve the refactorabilty of your code.
There are several projects that allow Reason (and OCaml) to be used in different environments.
- Native Executables: Using the standard compiler native executables can be built and run directly on your machine.
Where do I start?
- For an introduction to most language features check out the overview
- To start immediately an online REPL is available at Sketch.sh
Here are some alternatives that share similar concepts with Reason:
- Rust. Inspired by the ML family of languages, but not garbage collected. Has excellent parallelism support.
- Elm. Another great language in the ML family. Focuses on building web applications. See the widely praised talk on Elm, Let's Be Mainstream.
- Fable. Based on F#, which is closely related to OCaml.
- ClojureScript. Dynamically typed language that prioritizes simplicity & great interop.
- Swift. Language built by Apple, and interoperates with Objective-C well.
- Haxe. Compiles to basically anything with a focus on game development.