Reason's nature lends itself to great editor support. Most of our editor plugins provides at minimum:
- Types display.
- Programmatic code formatting through
- Errors & warnings display.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Type-driven autocomplete.
- Jump to definition.
And other features.
- VSCode: Recommended. Use reason-vscode from the extensions marketplace.
- Sublime Text
- Emacs: Currently unmaintained. We'd like to upgrade it to reason-language-server one day. Contributions welcome!
Native Project Development (Community Supported):
- VSCode: Use vscode-reasonml from the extensions marketplace. (Mac, Linux).
- Vim/Neovim: Make sure to use ocaml-language-server for native development as suggested. (Mac, Linux):
npm install -g ocaml-language-server
- vim-reasonml: For use with native esy, Reason, and Merlin (not LSP based). (Mac, Linux, Windows).